IF YOU WANT TO SEND
A ‘CARE PACKAGE’
TO SOMEONE STATIONED
IN THE MIDDLE EAST
AND DON’T HAVE A NAME
Try the America Supports You website. They have lots of names.
or try the USO by clicking on the logo below!
They help soldiers on deployment and offer places in the airports for our military personnel deploying and coming and going on leave from down range
Still need a name? Try these folks –
What to send?
Send them anything you think they could use.
It is desert, so . . . use common sense–warm days; cold nights–you get the idea?
Here are a few suggestions from our Support Group: – Baby wipes–the small travel packs.
– Snack foods–power bars
– Magazines–pop culture or fitness stuff;
, like that.
– Tabasco sauce (the rations get pretty bland after a while)
– Letters–kind thoughts, with no expectation of reply.
– Any item of personal comfort
(unscented things if possible)
–don’t forget there are women serving overseas, too!
– Any batteries–
– Dr. Scholl’s products for tired feet
– Chapstick (preferable with SPF rating)
– Powdered drink mix
– Good Coffee! Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks
– Playing cards
– Oreo cookies!
– Cotton socks — mid-calf (black or green)
– Paperback books
– Mechanical pencils & erasers
An interesting packing note–to protect items from breaking, pack them with rolls of SOFT toilet paper as cushioning–the paper they get is not very soft at all–this way, nothing is wasted!!!
If by some chance you can’t afford to send anything on your own,
let us know and we might be able to find a way.
Tax-deductible donations for postage are always welcome.
Make checks payable to Darien VFW Post 6933. <><><>
Special thanks to the National Veterans Services Fund, for all their help.